Through the specific charism1 of the Institute, all its members, must work in complete docility to the Holy Spirit, and under the guidance of Mary, to enhance for Jesus Christ all that is authentically human, even in the most difficult situations, and under the most adverse circumstances. This is nothing but the grace to work, concretely, to prolong Christ in the families, in education, in the communication media, at academic level, and in every legitimate manifestation in the life of men. It is the gift of making of every person like “a new Incarnation of the Word”2, by being particularly missionaries and Marian.
Mission in Tanzania
MISSION AND APOSTOLATE
The mission as inspired by the founder, and confirmed through the authority of the Church, it is to take to plenitude the consequences of the Incarnation of the Word, which is “the compendium and root of all good”.3 We want to take this mission particularly to the vast world of culture, i.e., to the “manifestation of man as person, community, people and nation.”4.
The principal means that we use for the evangelization of culture are:5:
- The proclamation of the Word of God
- The study and teaching of the Holy Scripture, theology and the Church Fathers
- The liturgy
- The catechesis
- Popular missions
- Ignatian Spiritual Exercises
- The Christian education and formation of children and the youth in schools and universities
- Charitable works for those who are most in need (abandoned children, persons with disabilities, the sick and the elderly)
- Formation of suitable ministers of the Word
- Publications of textbooks, journals, books, and work through the communication media
1 Constitutions 30, 31, 32.
2 Saint Isabel of the Trinity, op. cit., Elevation nº 33.
3 Saint John Chrysostorn, In Matt. Hom., II, 3.
4 John Paul II, Discourse to European intellectuals on the occasion of the Jubilee of Redempion (15/12/1983), 3; OR (25/12/1983), p. 6.
5 Conf. Constitutions, 16.